It is finally here. We have escape the dreaded month of August and we will soon be rewarded for our endurance with a full season of NHL hockey! I hope everybody had a lovely Labor Day and everybody made it safely back to work today following the three day weekend. I apologize that things have been slow around The Rat Trick these last few days.
The lack of serious news has been partially to blame but the truth is I have not had much of a chance to write lately as I have been moving into my new apartment in Boston. Since last week I have gone from living in the soul-settling Adirondack Mountains to the bustling madness that is Boston and for the past seven days I have slept exclusively on couches and hardwood floors. Anyway you all were probably too busy grilling with your families to come on here and notice the absence of me b**tching about the lack of Panthers news to cover.
Well I’m back! I found a nice library down the street from my apartment and I managed to find a quiet unbothered corner in the depths of the book stacks where I can b**tch and moan about the lack of news to my hearts content. So strap yourself in because thats exactly what I am going to do today….
- If you woke up this morning and said to yourself “hmmm I really want to know what Minnesotans have to say about the Florida Panthers” then you are in luck. Here is a Panther preview straight from the Hockey Wilderness.
- I can’t hate though, they did provide a link to this fantastic video of Jacob Markstrom dancing to the Vengaboy’s “We Like To Party”.
- I’m thinking about doing an about face and just making this a website dedicated to Florida Panthers the animal, not the team. Here is an interesting read about the endangered species’ struggles to grow their population back to stability (I’m doing this for a simple reason, I think Florida Panthers (the animal) have more fans than Florida Panthers (the team) and how could I not jump on the chance to reacher a wider audience. Its all about the page views baby!! In other news, Vegas has starting taking bets on who will become extinct first, the team or the animal.
- For all you fantasy heads out there, things are starting to heat up. NHL.com has upped its coverage recently and here you can check out their list of the top 40 fantasy centers. The only Panther on the list? Jonathan Huberdeau at no. 26.
- While it has been hard for me to reach my laptop recently, TRT has not been completely dead, check our our Offseason Outlook on Nick Bjugstad, or the latest edition of “Will He Score 20 Goals”. Also we want you to be more involved in The Rat Trick community. You can do so by e-mailing us your questions for our upcoming Panthers’ Mailbag or if your really serious about the Panthers we have staff writer positions currently open.
Topics: Florida Panthers