The Florida Panthers open their regular season against the Dallas Stars on October 3rd at 8:30 pm ET. That means the official start of the Panthers 2013-14 season is 36 days away or approximately 873 hours. The team’s first preseason game is September 16th against the Nashville Predators, 19 days away. Panthers’ training camp opens September 12th, or in 15 days and finally the teams prospect camp gets underway September 4th, one week from today. Alright, now that we are all caught up let’s take a look around the Panthers-verse:
- Over at the Florida Panthers’ home page their is a nice piece that shines the spotlight on Panthers’ prospect Quinton Howden. The crux of the story is, Howden was pleased to get a shot in the NHL last season and he is working hard to stick with the Panthers for the entirety of the upcoming season. Not exactly earth shattering stuff, but hey, its late August, we take what we can get.
- Nick Bjugstad may be a long shot to make the US Mens Olympic hockey team but he was among the players called into the team’s preliminary camp which took place Monday and Tuesday in Arlington Virginia. Due to insurance reasons, the players were unable to take the ice but that did not stop them from talking to the media. Here is a clip of Bjugstad being interviewed at the US preliminary camp.
- USA hockey also released the teams’ jersey during the camp and it is interesting to say the least. The fake laces received the brunt of the criticism but I think the stars on the shoulders are just as lame.
- Speaking of lame, here is some shameless self promotion: Over the last few days the Rat Trick has produced some quality content…here is a preview of what we can expect this season from Dmitry Kulikov. We also published the first in our Let’s Get To Know Series where we look at some lesser known facts about each of the Panthers new Atlantic Division rivals. The first in the series focuses on the Toronto Maple Leafs. You can check it out here.
- Finally, we are trying to get a Panthers Mailbag off the ground where readers can send us e-mails and we will answer them on the site. If you have anything you want to ask TRT’s staff, email me at [email protected]
Thats all for now, enjoy your Wednesdays, and hold tight because the season will be underway soon.