Wow so last night really happened huh? I have to be honest, I did not make it through all three overtimes, in fact I didn’t even make it through one. Okay okay, I barely made it through regulation, not because the game was boring or anything, it was by all accounts edge-of-your seat thrilling, but just because I am an old man. Because I am ashamed by my utterances of hockey sacrilege I will turn things over to you guys. Make your opinion heard in the poll below, or sound of in the comments section:
Game 1 Quick Hits:
- The Blackhawks D really dropped the ball on Lucic’s first goal, Hjalmarsson went for the hit behind the net while Oduya got caught chasing the puck under the goal line. With both defenders behind the net that left Toews the lone man guarding the danger zone in front of the net. The Bruins a team thats will make you pay for those kinds of mistakes just about every time.
- The pre-game look into the locker room was a nice touch. Anyone who has played hockey before understands how sacred the pre-game rituals can be. Whether its taping your stick a certain way, getting your laces to feel just right, or getting a few good touches on the soccer ball, whatever your pre-game rituals are, the routine is paramount. With that in mind the overwhelming calm that we saw in our brief locker room glimpse should not have been a surprise. I am sure underneath that thin facade, the nerves and anticipation for what was about to come was almost unbearable.
- Is Jaromir Jagr‘s beard the the worst thing about this year’s playoffs? I think so. A quick google images search makes it clear that Jagr is definitely not one to be revered for his fashion choices.
- Finally, will American Ninja Warrior be the best show ever aired on TV? I’m ashamed that the question even has to be asked.
- Finally, finally, not Lucic and Jagr’s finest moment: