Its time to catch up on all the Florida Panthers and NHL goings on. The following links should be of interest to Panther fans and hockey fans in general. We just finished up both game one’s of the Conference Finals and it looks like we are in for some exciting battles. Conference Finals fun fact: the four remaining playoff teams are the past four Stanley Cup Winners…I know right…mind.blown. Okay on to the links:
- The Edmonton Journal reports that the Panthers are open to trading their second overall pick. This is not very shocking as all GM Dale Talon said was, the Panthers would listen to any and all offers for the pick. That does not mean Florida is actively looking to trade down, it simply means they will consider a trade if they get a good enough offer. That being said, I absolutely do not see a trade happening, the difference in talent between the top three picks and the rest of the draft is too large.
- Speaking of draft picks and value, here is an interesting look at the value of a draft pick and the cost of moving up in the draft.
- The Panthers’ home site has some good NHL Combine coverage as well as some good interview footage with Seth Jones, Nate MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin.
- Here is a great video from Deadspin offering a look into the Game 7 playoff experience out in LA. For us Panther fans out there, its videos such as these that we must live vicariously through.
- Sean McIndoe always has a great comical insights to offer, here he touches on Darryl Sutter, in game interviews, and much more.
- YouTube video of the day:
This classic hails from EA Sports NHL ’97. I must have watched this road to the Stanley Cup feature 100 times on my PC back in the day. Enjoy.