Florida Panthers (4-5-1) at Washington Capitals (2-8-1)
The Panthers cap off their four game road trip tonight with a 7 p.m. game against the struggling Washington Capitals. Florida is coming off a shootout victory over the Philadelphia Flyers, and are riding a four game point streak (3-0-1). The Capitals five points are lowest in the NHL. Here is what I could see the Panthers line up looking like:
Pre Game Points:
- Braden Holtby will be between the pipes for Washington tonight. Holtby is sporting a 4.74 goals against average, the worst in the NHL of goalies with at least five appearances. (Source)
- It was interesting that Dineen chose to switch Mueller and Versteeg for the Flyers game. Dineen was trying to shake things up and get more 5 on 5 production. The Panthers won so I have a feeling we’ll see the same lines again tonight.
- Alex Kovalev is a healthy scratch for the second straight game. Jack Skill filled in Thursday and scored a goal. His production has garnered him another start.
- Washington has played terrible this season, but don’t expect them to roll over and give Florida an easy win. The Caps always play the Panthers tough and tonight should be no different.
- Remember Wojtek Wolski? Well he plays on the Caps first line…and they wonder why they are 2-8-1.
I’ll be providing some tweets tonight during the game, so go on ahead and give @fansidedtherat a follow.