It was reported earlier Thursday, by Panther’s beat writer Harvey Fialkov, that the Panthers and Dmitry Kulikov have agreed to a two year deal. The financial details of the deal have not been announced. Kulikov who was a restricted free agent should be reporting to Panthers camp in the coming days. Whether he will be ready in time to play in Saturday’s game against Carolina remains to be seen. Kulikov will provided depth for a defensive group that has been weakened by injuries to Erik Gudbranson and Mike Weaver. (Source) When Kulikov does return to the ice, it is safe to assume he will be a top four defender and log minutes on the Panthers power play.
- The Panthers sent five players back to the San Antonio Rampage in an effort to trim the roster to the required number of 28 players.
- Quinton Howden (F), Drew Shore (F), Jon Rheault (F), Colby Robak (D) and Jacob Markstrom (G) were the players sent down.
- Defender Alex Petrovic will stay up with the Panthers and could possibly play Saturday filling out the Panthers injury depleted defensive group.
- Marek Svatos‘ tryout for the Panthers has come to an end and the team also placed Mike Santorelli on waivers. (Source)
- Alex Kovalev will make the team and will sign a one year deal with the Panthers. (Source)
- The Panthers will continue to make roster moves as the team that the Cats will take into the game against Caroline begins to take shape.
- The roster at the moment can be seen here.
Tags: Dmitry Kulikov