With the 2012-2013 season, a little over two months away, and the lockout looming, I’ve decided to do a little post that might brighten up your spirits.
It’s a little game I like to call, Over or Under.
If you’ve never played before here’s how you do.
First, I’ll say something specific player or team may do next season, for example: How many shutouts will Jose Theodore have this season. And then I’ll give you a number, like 4, it’s up to you to say if that’s over what you expect, or under. Make sure to comment on the bottom and at the end of the season, I’ll try to do recap to see how well you all did.
Sounds good? Okay, let’s play.
- Will the Florida Panthers have 7 OT/SO losses?
- Brian Campbell will have 40 assists.
- George Parros will have 130 penalty minutes.
- Jose Theodore will have 25 wins.
- Jonathan Huberdeau will have 25 goals.
- Ed Jovanovski averages 15 minutes of ice time a game.
- Erik Gudbranson scores 5 goals.
- Tomas Fleischann scores 30 goals.
- Dmitry Kulikov gets 40 points.
- Sean Bergenheim will take 250 shots.
- Jacob Markstrom makes 10 starts.
- Mike Weaver scores 3 goals.
- Kris Versteeg gets 1 haircut.
- Stephen Weiss scores 70 points.
- Brian Campbell averages 25 minutes a game.
- Marcel Goc scores 15 goals.
- Peter Mueller plays 50 games.
- Scott Clemmensen records 3 shutouts.
- Scottie Upshall scores 30 points.
- Filip Kuba scores 10 goals.
- Shawn Matthias scores 10 goals.
Alright, so let me give you my predictions:
- I believe that will be under, one word, Huberdeau.
- This is a tough one. He has had over 40 assists three times in his career. I think he will do it again, over.
- In every full season he’s played, he’s had over 130 penalty minutes, I’ll go over.
- Theodore gets 25 wins, I go under. Weird feeling, I don’t know.
- Huberdeau will score over 25 goals, he is also going to win the Calder Trophy.
- Jovanovski averaging 15 minutes a game, I say over.
- Gudbranson will score 6 goals, needs to aim for the goal though, not the glass. Over.
- Flash will lead the team in goals, over.
- If he can stay healthy, and that’s a big if, Kulikov will score over 40 points. Over.
- Sean Bergenheim shooting 250 shots, under.
- Jacob Markstrom will not make 10 starts; he needs a full season of AHL. Under.
- Mike Weaver won’t score 3 goals; he has 6 goals in his whole career. Under.
- This is so under, no way Versteeg cuts his hair once. Gross.
- Stephen Weiss won’t score 70 points, he’ll be around his average; 55-60. Under.
- Brian Campbell averages over 26 minutes of ice time, I say under. He averaged 26:53 last year, but he needs rest.
- Marcel Goc needs to stay healthy, taking a risk and saying over.
- Peter Mueller plays over 50 games is an under, I hope he does but he’s had too much concussion history.
- Scott Clemmensen will record 3 shutouts. Over.
- Scottie Upshall won’t score 30 points. Under.
- Filip Kuba will score over 10 goals. Jason who?
- Shawn Matthias won’t score 10 goals, a player in my opinion with a make or break type of season ahead of him. Under
Well, that’s it. Now it’s up to you guys to state your opinion, don’t be shy! Comment! Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks again!
Thanks for reading.
Make sure to like is on Facebook as well. Remember to also follow the entire Rat Trick team on Twitter! Me @davidbub_2 . Frank Rekas @therattrick. David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht @joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Paige Lewis @Peejlewiz, Adam Reid @AdamReid_ and Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger