Is Don Cherry bringing the “puffy shirt” back?
Tomas Kopecky said before Saturday night’s game that the Florida Panthers needed to play with more desperation. As a two time Stanley Cup Winner (Detroit, Chicago), he knows what he’s talking about. The win over Winnipeg in overtime was a nail biter that maybe could have been averted….nonetheless, we’ll take the two points as well as the boost of confidence in winning it in the shootout. (Do you know I hate shootouts?). The win surely made the flight home a much more pleasant one, and helps to give the Panthers a better feeling about themselves going into Tuesday’s game against Philadelphia. The slump isn’t over, but the win is a start in the right direction.
News Around Sunrise:
* A crucial part of the season gets is here, only to be broken up by the All-Star break. Sun-Sentinel.
* Kris Versteeg like playing in Winnipeg apparently. On Frozen Pond.
* The Canadian “spin” on the win over the Jets. TSN.ca.
Links after the jump
Around The NHL:
* Andrew Ference gets three games for a reckless hit on Ryan McDonagh. Puck Daddy.
* Watch Shanny’s explanation here.
* Daniel Briere is added to the list of players that are now concussed. Admits he’s not feeling good. Puck Daddy.
* Olli Jokinen has been “sober” for six years, and is feeling and playing better. Slam Sports.
* Down Goes Browncompares the All-Star captains.
* Alex Ovechkin and Zybnek Michalek are facing suspensions for these hits. Puck Daddy.
* The Blackhawks lost to Nashville on Saturday, and Chicago fans are a bit nervous as Jonathan Toews is day to day with an upper body injury. Sun-Times.
* Malkin heklps Penguins defeat Capitals. CBC Hockey.
Thanks for reading.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Cameron Tahernia @Lord_Panther, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2, Paige Lewis @peejlewiz Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, and Adam Reid @AdamReid. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.