Good news for Florida Panther fans as Jack Skille comes back to the lineup tonight as he’s been out since December 16th with a shoulder injury. The Panthers have sorely missed his hard fore-checking, his speed on the puck and his work in the corners. When you sit back and realize that Skille wasn’t brought here to score 20 goals, and understand that is game is all those things I just mentioned, you’ll appreciate what he means to the team. As the Panthers visit the Chicago Blackhawks it will be a reunion of sorts. Many of the current Blackhawks were teammates of five Florida Panthers (Versteeg, Campbell, Kopecky, Madden and Skille), as well as general manager Dale Tallon, who was the architect of the Hawks Cup winning season.
Here’s your Friday Links:
* As you know Mikal Repik was placed on waivers. Sun-Sentinel.
* Skille returns and Theo says this is his last stop. On Frozen Pond.
* The Ex-Hawks talk about returning to Chicago. On Frozen Pond.
* USA Today says Toews has the lead in the Hart Race, and has the latest power rankings.
* The Hawks beat up on the Sabres as Johnny and the kids led the way. Third Man In.
* Justin Bourne explains the perfect neutral zone trap. Backhand Shelf.
This Week Around FanSided:
* Evan Roush gets started at Cardiac Cane and wants the shootout gone.
* Jacques Martin not boring? A Winning Habit speaks.
* Eye On Isles give out the midseason report card.
* Anze Kopitar and his road to 400 NHL Points. Rink Royalty.
* The Dallas Stars seem to find ways to win. Blackout Dallas.
* Bolts By The Bay organized a rally to support the Lightning.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Cameron Tahernia @Lord_Panther, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2, Paige Lewis @peejlewiz Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, and Adam Reid @AdamReid. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.