Can’t say enough about last night’s gutsy victory over the Western Conference leading Vancouver Canucks. Certainly there are claims that the Canucks had an emotional let down after their victory over the Boston Bruins Saturday afternoon, but let’s face it, this Florida Panthers team is no pushover any longer. I don’t buy any excuses any longer and that includes the suggestion on NHL Tonight by “Duffer” that the Canucks might have been sluggish and tired from just having to play on Saturday. Thankfully former Panther goaltender Kevin Weekes praised the Panthers for their victory. One more thing to add….with that Panthers win, Todd McLellan of the San Jose Sharks will coach in the All-Star game rather than Alain Vigneault. “Boom”.
Here’s your headlines for today:
* The second period was the key to last night’s win. Sun-Sentinel.
* Scott Clemmensen had a performance worthy of being called the number one star of the night. Miami Herald.
* George Richards gives his midseason report. On Frozen Pond.
* Kevin Dineen is a favorite for Coach of The Year. NHL.com.
* Patrick Sharp is out 3-4 weeks with an upper body injury. TSN.ca.
* Speaking of Patrick Sharp, he and teammate Patrick Kane are having a burrito faceoff. NHL.com.
* Jonathan Toews insists it’s not time to panic. Daily Herald.com.
* Pierre-Marc Bouchard is out with a concussion. Again. Prop Hockey Talk.
* Not sure that Brad Marchand did himself any favors here as he tries to defend his image. ESPN Boston.
* The Claude Julien has to make a comment about Alain Vigneault. TSN.ca.
* A new addition to the blogroll here at The Rat Trick, get a taste of Puck Sage.
* Jaroslav Halak returns to the Bell Centre to play his former team. Globe and Mail.
* Down Goes Brown has the winners and losers at the half way point.
* The midseason awards as seen by Puck Daddy.
* Gary Galley at CBC Sports hands out the hardware the way he views it.
* One more new site that’s on our blogroll that you should check out. Crash The Net.
* Finally, we always seem to have something to say about in game music. Here’s what Kyle Andrew Busch calls the Ten Commandments of Arena Music. The Checking Line.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Cameron Tahernia @Lord_Panther, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2, Paige Lewis @peejlewiz Gabby Kiger @gabbykiger, and Adam Reid @AdamReid. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.