Today’s music video is the official video for Midnight City by M83. This song was played on episode two of HBO 24/7.
On Wednesday evening the Florida Panthers held another successful event (Panther’s Live) at Duffy’s Sports Grill in Plantation. In attendance from the Panthers were Jack Skille, Keaton Ellerby and a slightly “tardy” Erik Gudbranson. Gudbranson was excused for being late by “MC” Steve Goldstein since he scored his second NHL goal the night before, which drew laughs and applause at the same time from the “standing room” only crowd. It was a fun night for anyone who attended as Goldie started things off asking the boys numerous questions to get the flow going. The boys each showed a down to earth personality, graceful in their nature, and all with the sly ability to drop the comedic one liner.
When asked who is the most superstitious on the team, most were likely waiting to hear about a goaltender, however Jack Skille commented that it was Mike Santorelli. Who may quickly have a earned himself a new nickname when Skille then referred to the young center as, “Nervearelli”. When Big G was asked (by a fan in the crowd) about why he’s not been involved in any fights since the Steve Downie battle, Erik grinned and said, “because everyone says no when I ask”. Giveaways included tickets to games, a team autographed stick, and a signed Brian Campbell puck. It was well attended, everyone had a good time, and you can easily feel the camaraderie that’s on this team. The next Panther’s Live Event will be held in late January. If you get a chance you should attend. It’s night’s like this that show off how personable and good natured these players are.
Here’s your Thursday links:
* Here’s your TSN World Juniors Update.
* The Florida Panthers Website providing additional information as we watch players like Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden.
* Here’s a short video of Kris Versteeg talking about Brian Campbell. Sun-Sentinel Blog.
* Puck Daddy’s Three Stars for Wednesday Night.
* Elliotte Friedman’s 30 Thoughts.
* Interesting comments in the National Post by Donald Fehr regarding the upcoming CBA in the NHL.
* Back Hand Shelf explains the quiet room.
* There are people complaining of Chelsea Dagger being used as the goal song in the World Juniors. Edmonton Journal.
* Pro Hockey Talk gives us the 10 most memorable phrases from episode three of HBO 24/7.
* ESPN.com provides a Winter Classic page.
* Think tickets to the January 2nd event aren’t cheap? You’re right. Pro Hockey Talk.
* Finally Amy from our Blades of Teal site will be reporting from the Winter Classic.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht@joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @GreatScottsman, Cameron Tahernia @Lord_Panther, David Rodriguez @davidbub_2 and Paige Lewis @peejlewiz. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.