I don’t think the smiles are off of our faces yet from last night’s thrill ride at the Bank Atlantic Center as the Florida Panthers beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 in the home opener. If you didn’t enjoy the experience, which included extra hockey (overtime and a shootout), then you need your pulse checked. To say the the game had a little bit of everything would be an understatement. To say that the game lived up to it’s hype would be spot on. These are just some of what was pleasing to me:
* It was nice to actually sit in a line of traffic both in and out of the game. On the way to, it helped build the excitement, on the way out, it made the victory last longer.
* The poles outside the BAC with flags of the players was a nice touch.
* The energy of the Bank Atlantic Center could be felt even before the game started. @LilMissRatTrick and I walked the entire lower concourse and were amazed at all the fans. It was nice to be “bumping” into people.
* The renovation and all the red throughout made the building seem new again. You felt and saw the change.
* A very impressive pre game presentation withe the “Revolution” song being played.
* How about the anthem when you heard from the crowd “Red” during the rockets red glare part?
* Ed Jovanovski scoring the first goal? Perfect.
* Even though we gave up the lead twice, there was no backing down from this team. That was nice to see.
* Jose Theodore perfect in the shootout. You’d have to agree he’s been solid.
* The feel of satisfaction and triumph after a win. Rather than the relief of “oh thank god we pulled that out”.
Winning that game in the fashion that they did, left you wanting more. It’s too bad we have to wait all the way to Thursday for the nest home game, however with games Monday and Tuesday, our appetites will be satisfied. Four games this week, all of which are no small tasks. We face our first challenge of the season, and I have a feeling we’re up to it.
Finally before I close out, I’d like to say thank you on behalf of the Rat Trick staff. It was nice meeting old friends, and seeing new ones at the intermissions. Including some very special parents and family in attendance. We appreciate the few moments you took out to stop by and see us at the Bud Terrace, and talk with us in the arena. Don’t forget to come out to our first ever Rat Trick Road Watch on Monday October 24th at Duffy’s.
So Panther fans, what did you like best?
As always thank you for reading. We welcome your comments.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht @joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @PatrickRattrick, Scott Mullin @ScottFMullin, Cameron Tahernia @Lord_Panther, and David Rodriguez @davidbub_2. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.