Training camp officially began yesterday, and as I watched between the two rinks the separate drills going on, I also had a chance to meet and make some new friends, as well as talk to some old ones. The discussions mostly revolved around the same few issues….thank god the season’s going to start soon. What a long summer. Hey do you think Gudbranson and or Huberdeau will make the team? Who’s your favourite new player?
Not much can be figured out watching players do drills, and most of the decisions will be coming later on after some games are played, but for once we have competition. Healthy competition which is a good thing. Not only are players playing for roster spots, they’re also playing for positions on lines. There aren’t too many spots open and I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear about a healthy scuffle or two. As a matter of fact, I’d like to hear about a scuffle or two. That being said, all the new faces on the ice and on the bench (coaches) create one of the most exciting and curious training camps that the Florida Panthers have had in a very long time. The excitement we feel creates some questions. Not concerns, which are another subject. So for today let’s focus on some things we here at The Rat Trick want to know.
Here’s my top 10 questions (in David Letterman style) as we start the preseason. Feel free to comment on these with your response, as well as add yours to the comment section:
10) Who’s going to be named our captain and why?
9) Will Jonathan Huberdeau make the roster or does he need to return to juniors for one more year?
8) Does Quinton Howden really have a chance to make the team?
7) Are you as confident with our goaltending situation as I am?
6) Who’s the first line right winger? Kris Versteeg or Tomas Fleischman?
5) How many games does Ed Jovanovski play? 55? 65? 80?
4) Who is going to be the seventh defencemen is going to be?
3) Who will lead the team in scoring?
2) Where will the Panthers finish in the conference?
1) Who will be Erik Gudbranson’s defensive partner?
Would love to know your thoughts and any other questions you might have.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments and opinions.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.
Follow the Rat Pack on Twitter: me @TheRatTrick , David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht @joshluecht, Patrick McLaughlin @patrckmclaughln and Scott Mullin @ScottFMullin. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.