Today’s music choice is something fun by Bruce Springsteen cause I could use it. Here’s Mary’s Place. I can assure you, Bruce and the entire crowd have fun with this one.
Tonight is game three of the Stanley Cup Final as the match moves to Boston for the next two games. My thoughts on the contest so far? Here goes:
* I certainly hope the quality of play gets better before I decide to put my laptop thru my big screen television, thus ruining two pieces of technology that I don’t feel like replacing.
* Game two ratings were down 43 percent from 2010. See I told you this is hideous hockey. Numbers don’t lie.
* Any time the Bruins want to wake up and realize that playing to win and going down with a fight will leave a better impression than waltzing through the past two games is fine with me.
* While I have said that I had no interest in which team wins this, and am rooting for one of them to lose, I’m not looking forward to the hockey season ending. See, I do have a heart.
* However the thought of a drunken parade in the heart of downtown Vancouver makes me want to vomit.
* Notice that the guy who sings the Canadian National Anthem for Vancouver has as much oil in his curly locks as Roberto Luongo?
* The Bruins power play is going to be one of the biggest reasons they don’t come out of this winners if they lose.
* My Ex-Panther Factor diatribe is apparently in danger of going out the window. Along with anything else that is close to me at the final horn. Sigh.
Here’s some links for your Monday morning. Please be advised that this was prepared last night and it not as current as you may expect. I do have a day job you know. :)
Can the Bruins comeback and get back in this series? Puck Daddy himself.
Manny Malhotra returns for game two. If I have one good thing to say about the Canucks, that was it. TSN.ca.
Keith Ballard a very expensive health scratch for game two. The Hockey Writers.
Winnipeg gets to their season ticket goal in four, yes four minutes. NHL.com.
Mark Reechi’s game two goal makes him the oldest player to score in a Stanley Cup Final game. Pro Hockey Talk.
Mike Milbury had no desire to see Alex Burrows play in game two. Orland Kurtenblog.
The other players that wanted Colin Campbell’s job. Down Goes Brown.
Big announcement coming today from the Florida Panthers. Stay tuned.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.
Follow the Rat Pack onTwitter: me @TheRatTrick David Lasseter @davidlasseter , Josh Luecht @joshluecht, Adam Reid @AdamReid, and Patrick McLaughlin @patrckmclaughln. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.
Want The Rat Trick on your smartphone? Download the app and get the best in Florida Panthers coverage