Today’s music selection is Panic by The Stills.
Normally this daily (Monday to Friday) post consists of a paragraph or two of some sort of gibberish from me regarding the previous night, or the upcoming game. I’ll then give you my customary links from other sites that include items of interest, nonsense, and recaps of things that I feel you should read and or see. Well today it’s going to be different.
As you know the Florida Panthers lost a crucial home game last evening to the St. Louis Blues by a score of 2-1. As I was walking out of the stadium with Little Miss Rat Trick and one of her high school pals, we were walking past one of the assortment of games and activites that are on the concourse. The Spin To Win Wheel. Let me preface this by saying that Little Miss was upset and quite downtrodden about the loss. Beware those who come near. She has a mind of her own, and sometimes just surprises the hell out of me. The rest of the story after the jump.
You may not find this funny, and you may wonder why am I wasting your time with this. Let me assure you that the moment I am going to describe was priceless, and if you were there and felt what we were feeling, you’d understand. As we are walking past the above mentioned booth, the attendant says very positively, “Hey there. Wanna Spin to Win”? Little Miss says, without missing a beat, “I’m not in the mood”. And we continued to walk. I know. But trust me, you had to be there. And so now you have my premise for today.
* Normally as I said, you get links. I’m not in the mood.
* I’d like to talk about last night’s loss. I’m not in the mood. Plus Dave already did.
* I’d like to discuss the breakaways that we screwed up. I’m not in the mood.
* The Florida Panthers seem to have some sort of dysfunction with holding on. To leads. There’s more to this, but, I’m not in the mood.
* I feel as though you want to know what my theory is on why we can’t win important games. I’m not in the mood.
* Wanna know what I think of our playoff chances now? I’m not in the mood.
* Should we discuss the moves that Dale Tallon needs to start making? I’m not in the mood.
* I have tickets now to the rest of the games on this homestand. Do I really want to go to all these games? I don’t know but right now, I’m not in the mood.
* I have to post my player profile today of Chris Higgins. Fortunately I wrote it a few days ago. Cause right now, I’m not in the mood.
So there’s your Daily Morning Grind. I’d like to thank Little Miss Rat Trick for today’s inspiration.
One last thing, whoever keeps sending me these stupid emails from the UK telling me to claim my $750,000, please stop. It’s annoying. As much as I could use the cash, I’m just not in the mood.
Thanks for reading. We welcome your comments, or rants.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.
Follow the Rat pack onTwitter: me @TheRatTrick David Lasseter @davidlasseter and Josh Luecht @joshluecht. Also, please join our Facebook Fan Page and hit the like button, send us photos, and make some comments.
Want The Rat Trick on your Iphone, Android or Blackberry? Download the application now on your smartphone and get the best in Florida Panthers coverage.