* The Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup after a 49 year drought. Getting Hull’s autograph in the same year was the icing on the cake. That whole playoff run made my year!
* NHL Centre Ice so I can watch as many games as I want. Even if it’s the Islanders and the Blue Jackets.
* Thankful to have met in person many players, coaches, general managers and an owner or two. One thing about hockey that sets it apart from all the other sports is how friendly everyone is. Even getting a grunt out of then Blackhawks general manager Bob Pulford in 1989 was a plus. Mike Keenan really is a nice guy in person. One hell of a handshake too!
* For Stu Siegel and Cliff Viner taking over as majority owners of the Florida Panthers and caring enough to make some changes like bringing in Dale Tallon as general manager.
* For Molson Canadien. The best beer on the planet.
* For Mad Men. If you haven’t watched it, you’re missing out.
* Thankful for the opportunity that Adam and Zach Best (who are the owners of FanSided) gave me so that I can write, blab, and rant about hockey.
* Thankful for all the new friends that I have made because of this network. If I start naming names, the list will get too long. I know you guys and gals know who you are. It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know you.
* Dave Lasseter, my “brother in arms” here on this site. Dave has come on board and done a fantastic job and the best part is, we see eye to eye!
* The chance to do Rink Side Rants with Tim Redinger. Yikes that was a nervous time the first couple shows, but we seem like we have it all worked out now.
* The Winter Classic. What better way to spend New Year’s Day for a hockey fan.
* Finally a personal note(s). I am a very private person. If I want you to know something, I’ll tell you. I talk about my family and friends here, but 99% of the time I keep the names out of it. It’s just me. That being said, I can’t post this without taking some time to thank some people in my life both past and present.
I want to thank my family for their support, ideas, and critique that they’ve given to me for this blog, as well as everything else I do. The Rat Trick household puts up with alot, and I do appreciate it.
My father for taking me to my first NHL game. And my brother for sharing season tickets in Chicago.
My business partner for not only being a good partner, but a good friend as well. We need to go to a game sometime.
My best friend. We all have one. They make life a better place. You know who you are.
The people who read this site and the old friends of mine who have found it. Keep coming back.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!