Now it all makes sense to me. Thinking to myself why in the world did the Florida Panthers sign heavyweight Andrew Peters to a one year-two way contract, I came across a video that shows some of his other immense talents. He’s not just a fighter. He’s not just a bodyguard on ice.
As the video will show, Andrew was a very useful player during his time in Buffalo. I have no idea whether or not he was able to offer his talents to the New Jersey Devils, as that video was shredded the same day that the Ilya Kovalchuk contract was voided by the NHL :).
Take a look for yourself and see if you like the signing of Peters now! Not a bad deal after all is it?
Pretty neat guy eh? I mean look at all the extra stuff he was doing for players. I’ll bet Steve MacIntyre wasn’t brushing Little Stevie’s teeth so he wouldn’t pull a muscle.
So here’s a list of a few things that Andrew can do with the rest of his time due to the fact that he’ll likely average 2 minutes a night.
* Be David Booth’s personal driver. Let’s face it, with Booth recovering from two concussions, we don’t need him falling asleep at the wheel. Let Andrew drive him everywhere.
* When he’s firmly stuck to the bench because coach DeBoer refuses to play him, let Andrew operate the door to the bench thus protecting Scott Clemmensen from a potential accidental injury.
* Allow Andrew to be an extra skater for the Panthers when they play the Vancouver Canucks. He can be protection for goaltender Tomas Vokoun when Canucks defenceman Keith Ballard is on the ice. Protecting Vokoun from any more headshots.
* Make sure that Cory Stillman gets his daily dose of Geritol. You know as we get older, we forget things and we slow down because of it. Andrew can keep track of the meds that Still-Man needs to take.
* He can be his own travel agent since he’ll be on a frequent trek from South Florida to Rochester. He can search the internet for rates while he’s on the bench. Heck if he gets good at it, he could be come the travel agent for the Panthers. Which would result in another cost cutting move allowing the club to sign another 35 year old journeyman!
* Last but not least, and I am also offering my help here as well. Pack up Little Stevie’s things and let’s drive him to the airport and get him outta here in a trade that hopefully brings back more than a a six pack. But, I am not lifting the heavy stuff. That’s you’re job Andrew. What they heck, you are bigger than me!
Thanks for reading and watching.
Please visit our NHL main page: Too Many Men On The Site.